Posted By: Shopprice South Africa
Blanched almonds no longer have their papery skins, which helps give this sauce a lovely texture. Serve it over pan-fried salmon, steak or pork chops, or steamed white rice.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
In food processor, pulse almonds until coarsely ground. Add cilantro, chives, jalapeño pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pulse, scraping down side, until in coarse paste. With motor running, add oil and 2 tbsp water in thin steady stream until smooth. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days; whisk before using.)
Pork Chops with Cilantro-Jalapeño Sauce
Sprinkle 4 trimmed bone-in pork rib chops (about 1/2-inch/1 cm thick) with pinch each salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat 4 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat; cook pork, turning once, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with Cilantro-Jalapeño Sauce.
Also Like: Beer, Wine, Red Wine,Cristal wine, Wine Accessories,,Perfume & Fragrance,Skin Care, Hair Care,Makeup & Cosmetics,Sunglasses, Chemist & Pharmacy, Childrens healthcare,,,Air Conditioners, Fridges and Freezers, Cooktops,Dryers, Hair Dryers,Ovens, Microwave Ovens, Vacuum Cleaners